Category Archives: St Edmunds Chapel – dedicated by one Saint to another Saint

St Edmunds Chapel – dedicated by one Saint to another Saint

The tiny Chapel of St Edmund on Priory Road, once referred to as the Chapel of St John (see below), has had a chequered history. It is believed that a ‘Cemetery of the Poor’ was established in 1131 by the Priory of … Continue reading

Posted in Religion & Churches, St Edmunds Chapel – dedicated by one Saint to another Saint, St Edmunds Chapel – dedicated by one Saint to another Saint, Tourism | Comments Off on St Edmunds Chapel – dedicated by one Saint to another Saint