Category Archives: Dover Fire Service – Part II from 1939

Dover Fire Service – Part II from 1939

The Dover fire service technically became independent of the police in 1939. All the officers involved belonged to Dover’s police for ce and they were supported by the volunteer Auxiliary Fire Service (AFS). The AFS was formed in 1938 and locals, … Continue reading

Posted in Dover Fire Service - Part II from 1939, Local Government | Comments Off on Dover Fire Service – Part II from 1939